Surrey Waste Local Plan
Issues & Options Consultation - Introduction
The Issues & Options stage is the first formal consultation in the process of preparing the Surrey Waste Local Plan (SWLP) that will cover the period 2018 to 2033. The Plan will include policies which set out how and where waste management can take place in Surrey in the future. Among other things, these policies will identify sites which are suitable for hosting waste management facilities.
This stage sets out the context for the new SWLP and identifies issues affecting the future management of waste which the Plan needs to address and options for addressing these issues. The Issues & Options Consultation Report proposes a draft vision and draft objectives and describes options for planning for waste management in Surrey to 2033.
All documents associated with the Issues and Options Consultation are available on the Surrey CC Planning Policy website (http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/environment-housing-and-planning/minerals-and-wastepolicies-and-plans). These documents are as follows:
- The Issues and Options Consultation Report
- Policy Paper No.1 Context and Issues
- Capacity Estimate Scoping Statement
- Assessment of Suitable Land Scoping Statement
- Duty to Cooperate Scoping Statement
- Surrey County Council Statement of Community Involvement
- Surrey County Council Local Development Scheme
This document is intended to help stakeholders respond to the consultation by setting out the specific questions we would like stakeholders to consider.